Monday, March 2, 2015

Stuck in the Snow

Church of St. Julian of Norwich, Norwich England, 14th century:
 almost completely destroyed by bombing in 1942. 

He came to plow us out
 ended up stuck in the snow
like me
Had to call for back-up
I paid him at the window
on the second floor
like Rapunzel
but my hair is short
and thin these days
The white envelope fluttered
as it fell
He said I should get out more
 no – I’m fine
I have only gone to church
more like
Julian of Norwich, the anchoress,
a recluse like me.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you Helen. So nice to hear from you. I am pretty rusty at posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann - great to have you back - some this church remains, including Julian's cell within the tower. I visited it when I lived for a while in norwich - one of my favourite places

    ReplyDelete